Saturday, March 28, 2015

Bumpdate: 38 Weeks





Here we are, the last weekend in March, and it has flown by! I can't believe that in a few short days we will be in April: the month our baby will be born!  Looking back, I feel like this entire pregnancy has just flown by! 

How Far Along?
38 Weeks!  At this point we are at the "any day now" stage and it is so hard to believe that!

Doctor, Doctor!
I am still going in for NSTs every Monday and Thursday with a biophysical on Friday.  Like I suspected, the drop in fluid from 8.6 to 6.9 was alarming so after my NST on Monday I was sent for an emergency biophysical with the doctor telling me if my fluid had dropped any lower that I would be induced.  I went home, showered, packed last minute things, and Sean and I headed to the hospital, completely expecting to be induced! Well, lo and behold, my fluid was up to a 10!  So, we went home.  I felt a mixture of disappointment because I thought we would be meeting our girl soon and relief that I had more time to get ready and she had some more time to develop and grow!

The following Thursday at my NST baby girl just was NOT moving like she normally did which made the doctor concerned so I was sent for ANOTHER emergency biophysical.  Thank goodness, baby girl passed with flying colors and my fluid was up to a 14! God is good! =)

Symptoms?
Same ole symptoms as previous weeks! I am up about every hour to pee/roll over/get comfortable.  Rolling over/getting up is a chore.  I think I am getting bigger by the minute.  One symptom that I have had but do not believe I have mentioned yet is that I cannot breathe!  When I lay down, whether on my side, back, propped up, etc... it feels like someone is sitting on my chest! This has made sleep and naps very difficult!  I get out of breath easily walking and talking as well!  

Any new cravings?
It took me until about the 4th time going into the Culvers drive though to realize that I was craving their burgers and cheese curds... I have indulged this craving quite a bit. 

Labor Signs?
Nada! Still experiencing braxton hicks but that it it! I was checked on Thursday and I am dilated to ZERO with a very very high cervix! Oye... this baby girl has us thinking she will be early and then will end up being late! 

How am I feeling?
I feel ready.  Everything is done and ready to go, now we are just waiting for baby girl! I have 4 days left of work before Spring Break/beginning of my maternity leave.  Bags are packed.  Nursery is completed.  I am ready to meet this little one!!    On the other hand, I am still in complete denial that I will actually have to experience labor... 

How is Sean feeling?
Sean has his Spring Break this coming week and for weeks he has been saying, "Just wait until after my spring break! I want 1 more week of sleeping in!"  Today, he informed me that he doesn't care at all about his Spring Break anymore, he just wants her here.  Melt my heart... 

Best moment this week?
We celebrated 2 years of marriage by completing our registries! We had our 9 year dating anniversary.  We finished the nursery! My dad put in some shelving in the closet for us and we got our glider and now it is 100% done (with the exception of a few empty frames that will be filled after she is born/her name that will go above her crib).

Looking forward to?
Spring Break and baby girl's arrival of course!!!  Easter is coming soon and it will either be our first holiday with our sweet girl, or our last holiday without her.  Either way, we can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment