Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Courtney's Baby Shower

My sister's baby shower was a couple weeks ago.  That last week before the shower was very busy/stressful! I was packing up my classroom, preparing for a substitute, getting ready for Mexico, and doing last minute preparations for the shower at the same time! Now that it is all over, I am very happy and I think everything turned out great!

 


The morning of the shower I woke up very early, made some last minute decor, picked up the cupcakes, and headed over to my parents to help clean and decorate. At about 11:30, I realized guests would be arriving in about 30 minutes and rushed home to change, pick up balloons, and get my butt back to my parents! Thankfully, I made it back before anyone arrived to an empty house...



cookies, oversize licorice, m&ms, cupcakes, puppy chow, and homemade Preggatinis. 




As guests arrived, we had a lot of appetizers for people to snack on.  Everyone arrived pretty much on time which was nice.   I had the guests who are moms fill out an "Advice for the Mommy-To-Be" sheet while everyone else had a celebrity baby name matching game.  Courtney won that game but graciously allowed the 2nd place winner to get the prize! ;)

 



We ate shortly after- we had Jimmy John's subs, fruit salad, pasta salad, and taco dorito salad (whoa we had a lot of salads!) As everyone finished eating they gathered around for the "Price is Right: Baby Edition."  I had bought various items and the guests had to guess who much each item cost.  The guest with the closest total won a prize!




Once the game was finished Courtney opened her presents.  As she opened her presents everyone filled out baby prediction cards.

  

We took pictures with the guests and then spend a few hours relaxing outside! The weather was gorgeous and rain held off until everyone went home!

 



The shower went without a hitch and I think everyone had a wonderful time! My sister looked beautiful for the shower and I know she really enjoyed it! She got so many wonderful gifts and people were so generous! Everyone is so excited for this baby boy's arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment