Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

This year when Mother's day rolled around, I was lucky enough to be honored as a mother! I celebrated my very first Mother's Day! Claire is 5 weeks old and while I have not been a mother long, it has been the best thing I have ever experienced! Claire was born 5 weeks ago but the truth is, I became a mom the second I saw that 2nd line.

On Sunday morning, I slept through my alarm and woke up to my Claire alarm instead.  Claire gave me the wonderful gift of throwing up all over me!  I fed her and raced to get ready for church! After church I headed home to shower and get the food ready that I was bringing to my grandmas.  Sean had ordered me my favorite chocolate covered strawberries and gave me the most beautiful bouquet of daisies! 

We headed to my moms to give her gifts and then off to my grandmas!   My mom is truly such a wonderful Nana.  I can't imagine not having her to give me advice, support, and love throughout this whole experience! She has been my rock as I adjust to motherhood and I am so glad we take this day to show extra appreciation to her! 

The entire morning had been gloomy and raining but it stopped for a bit so I headed out to get some First Mother's day pictures!

The rest of the day was spent at my grandmas.  Claire was an absolute angel as usual! She was passed around and loved in and barely made a peep! She even let me get lots of pictures before having a diaper blowout!  It is always so nice to spend time with family and especially give others  a chance to love on our sweet girl! 


I feel so blessed that God chose me to be this sweet girls mom! I am so thankful for her everyday.  She was even sweet enough to gift me with 5 straight hours of sleep that night! I was worried that the next day she would be fussy after having such an eventful day before but in true Claire fashion she was calm and laid back and enjoyed an extremely lazy day with mommy!






1 comment: