Monday, February 17, 2014

Here's what I have been up to lately..

Hello friends! Well, after quite a long hiatus I am back! I was by no means the best blogger ever but I really did enjoy it.  I think I stopped for a few reasons.  I read  A LOT of blogs and a lot of the blogs I read have thousands of followers, endorsements, designs they paid for, etc.  I think I became discouraged.  I did not know if anyone was even reading my blog or if I was even saying anything worthwhile.  Lately though I have realized that I will never be a "professional" blogger and I do not necessarily want to be.   It is okay if people don't read my blog because I think I do it more for me.  I love that it is something I will be able to look back on in the future.  I have tried journaling with a pen and paper multiple times but I am just no good at it! I have awful handwriting, my hand hurts (where I broke it in high school) after about 2 sentences, and I write so much slower then I type, so this is a great alternative!  I can't say that I will faithfully blog multiple times a week but I will try and be more consistent!

Instead of writing detailed blog posts on everything that has been going on, this will be a short "Here is what I have been up to lately..." post!  Honestly, I have not been up to "much" by other peoples standards.  My blog name describes my life.  I live a simple life of routine, some might call it boring but it is the life I enjoy.  So... without further ado, here is what I have been up to since my last post


August:

  •  I began my 2nd year of teaching but my 1st year in 1st grade and I love it! My class is great and I feel like I could find a home in 1st grade!
  • I also did my 2nd engagement "session."  My best friend is getting married in July and they wanted a baseball theme engagement shoot!  I am pretty happy with how they turned out and may be doing a bigger post on this in the future!



September:
  • I became an aunt to another wonderful niece! My SIL welcomed her 2nd baby girl and she is just as precious as her older sister!  I love watching those two grow! 
  •  I tried my hand at newborn photos.  They are MUCH harder then they seem! I have such respect for photographers!
  • We celebrated my mom's birthday by visiting a pumpkin patch in Arthur, IL.  I love it there! We have been there once before.  It is in Amish country.  If you know me, you know that I have a major love and interest in the Amish! It is always wonderful to see the buggies passing by.




We also celebrated 6 months of marriage on this day! =)
October: We spent a weekend with my sister in WI.  We went to about 6 different haunted houses and had a blast!!


  • We celebrated Halloween! I was a scarecrow!
November: 
  • We celebrated my sister's 10th (What! 10th?!?!) birthday! We also celebrated our first married Thanksgiving!
  • Since Thanksgiving was a bit later this year, we put our tree up a little early! Our first Christmas tree! It is fake, it is a hand me down and needed some TLC but we loved it!!  


December: 
  • We decorated our home for Christmas! I would love to do a (late) post on my Christmas decorations! Christmas is by far my favorite holiday and I loved enjoying it in our home together! 
  • We went to the annual Spagnoli Christmas Party.  That was a great day because.... I found out I was going to be an AUNT!! My sister announced that she was 10 weeks pregnant and due in July! Yay!!! I am so excited and that baby is already SO loved! 
  • Sean and I hosted an ugly christmas sweater party where I did not take nearly enough pictures!! It was just close friends but was so fun!
  • We celebrated my dad's birthday on Christmas Eve and enjoyed our first married Christmas Eve and Christmas day together!
    Christmas Eve- simple night spend with my family.  


    Christmas Morning: Don't mind the sleepy eyes! =)
    Love them!















    Christmas Day! We met at my parents house and exchanged gifts with immediate family then spend the day at my grandparent's home/

  •  **** For some reason my camera has NOT been out much since December! I promise I will get back to it!! =)

January:
  • Happy New Year! We enjoyed a quiet New Years at home.  We went out to dinner with my brother and his girlfriend and then hung out at our home!  
  • Hello 50 below and SNOW!!
  • We celebrated MANY birthdays! Both my brothers, my grandma, 2 aunts, and both Sean and me had January Birthdays! Busy month!
  • Sean and I went to the Bulls game! We have gone to quite a few in the past but haven't been in awhile and it was a blast even if it took us forever in the snow to get there!
  • More snow!
  • SICK! I stayed home from work for 2 days with the fle, felt better for about 4 days then got hit with an awful cold that lasted a good week and a half!
February:
  • Here we are, all caught up! February has been full of cold and snow.  I miss color, I miss warmth, but I know it will be here soon enough!  I am finally feeling better! In the coming months I plan to utilize my camera way more! My sister's gender reveal party is next weekend.  Sean and I will be celebrating 1 full year of marriage and 8 amazing years of dating in March!  We have a wedding in April, June, and July! We are going to Mexico in June as well! Last year was amazing and full of change and I can only imagine how wonderful the rest of this year will be!  Thank you for bearing with me through this long catch-up post!   I hope you will continue to read!   My life may not be extravagant but I never thought it would be, I love my life just as it is, Simply McNamara! Talk to you guys soon!

1 comment: