Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Weekend Happenings

This weekend was a good weekend with very little downtime! Shortly after coming home from work on Friday, I left to go to my younger brother's last basketball game.  We left right after to head to WI where we'd be spending the night at my sisters.

Saturday morning consisted of getting reading for my sister baby gender reveal party! We decorated and had everything ready to go! I had made the reveal cake on Thursday!  My sister had her ultrasound on Tuesday where the tech texted me from my BIL's phone and told me the gender( the text was then deleted).  I was literally (besides Sean) the ONLY one who knew the gender.  It was awesome and terrifying, I did not want to slip!! I made 3 round cakes (Funfetti, died the color of the gender) and  I stacked them on top of one another with colored frosting in between the layers.  I generously spread white frosting around the outside! I made an extra sheet cake with the colored frosting on top for after the reveal!



My sister set up a voting station.  After some eating and mingling, I read aloud peoples votes and we tallied them up.  The majority of the room thought GIRL (parents to be included) so imagine everyone's shock  when they cut into the cake and saw....






BLUE! I am going to have a NEPHEW!! I  bought a sweet onesie for him and cannot wait to meet the sweet little baby boy in July!!



Saturday night also happened to be our 11 month anniversary (not that we celebrate beyond saying, "Hey we have been married 11 months!" ).  It is crazy to think that this time last year I was over the moon excited to be getting married in 1 month.  Now, we have 11 months down already!  Although in some ways it feels like way longer, but in the best way possible!!

We left Saturday night to head home.  Once home I quickly got in my pjs and enjoyed some time on the couch watching Practical Magic. 

Sunday after church I spent some time with my little sister and then headed over to my SIL's to visit them and hang out with my precious nieces!  Later that night I went to watch Sean's basketball game (he plays in an intramural type league) and then off to bed!  Nothing too crazy but still eventful! 

Well, that was my weekend! We are already 2 days into the new week so here's to this coming weekend! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment