Saturday, December 20, 2014

Bumpdate: 24 Weeks!



How Far Along: 24 Weeks! This week we have reached viability! If the baby was to be born premature then there is a good chance she could survive! But, we want this baby to keep cooking for a bit longer!  
Clothing: I am wearing all maternity pants and leggings and mixing in some maternity shirts. 
Stretch Marks: None yet!
Sleep:  Like before, a bad night has me waking up 4-5 times and a good night 1-2.  I also am officially using pillows behind my back to help me stay comfortable! This week was a bit rough because I had a bad cold so sleep was even more difficult.  
Best Moment This Week: Sean feeling the baby kick! A few days ago I saw the baby kick from the outside so I knew I was not going crazy and her kicks were getting stronger and this morning, exactly at 24 weeks, I woke up and she was moving like crazy! I caught it on video and showed Sean and then he was finally able to feel her kick, twice!! He was so excited and so was I! 
Complaints:  I still have had some cramping but it is lessening.  I have been getting foot cramps as well which I know means I need to drink more water.  After a work day, my legs and feet hurt so badly that I usually am in tears.  Lower back pain has begun! I had a cold which was just miserable! I did not want to take anything but I did take a few tylenol to help with some aches.  Luckily, it is finally getting better. I have also started experiencing some acid reflux which is no fun.  
Movement: Baby girl's kicks are getting stronger! Her kicks can be seen AND felt from the outside! She has very active times- the most active is when I wake up in the morning and as I lay down to go to bed.  I know her kicks may become uncomfortable as she gets bigger but right now I cannot imagine a more incredible feeling! 
Missing...:  Walking fast! I did a lot of walking around this week as we finished some Christmas shopping. I am usually a really fast walker but realized how much I have slowed down; mainly out of necessity.  My back, legs, and feet are usually hurting so my walk suffers...
Craving: Nothing specific! 
Belly Button: Still in! I had a really deep (weird right?) belly button pre-pregnancy and noticed that now it looks more like a normal belly button so it definitely is getting pushed forward!
Emotions:  Still mostly happy but hormones have taken their toll a few times.  I am crying a lot more; not over nonsense things but over things that would normally upset me anyways, it just seems as though how upset I get is amplified! 
Looking Forward to: Christmas! This is our 2nd Christmas as a married couple and last Christmas just us.  We are both excited to spend it together and keep daydreaming what next year will be like! 

Last night my little sister helped me capture some Pinterest inspired belly shots in front of the tree! I am happy with how they turned out!  




Also, a comparison shot for your viewing pleasure! 4 weeks - 24 weeks! What a difference 20 weeks makes! =)










No comments:

Post a Comment