Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Bumpdate: Week 22 & 23







I had every intention of not lumping these 2 weeks together but here I am, 23.5 weeks and they are being lumped.  Week 22 and 23 were very similar in the aches and pains department so it works out well!


  • I have reached the point where standing all day at work is not working for me anymore.  I have come home in tears multiple times because of how sore my feet, ankles, legs, and back are.  I am trying to drink more water during the work day and sit more but it is so difficult when you are teaching 6 and 7 year olds.  
  • My hands have started to swell.  It has only happened a couple of times but it has begun!
  • Baby girl  really enjoys bouncing on my bladder!
  • Nighttime has become a bit more uncomfortable.  I tried  a pregnancy pillow and wasn't a fan.  Luckily I bought it super cheap at a garage sale.  A pillow under my back and another between my legs makes all the difference!
  • I am still waking up at night quite a bit. A good night consists of about 2 wake ups while on a bad night I might wake up 4-5 times in an 8 hour period.  
  • The day after my doctor's appointment  (23 weeks, 4 days) I began experiencing a lot of cramping.  It was different then the cramping I have felt previously and definitely different then round ligament pain. They felt like mild period cramps.  I did a quick google search during my plan time at work  and decided to just keep an eye on it.  As the day/night went on the pains became worse.  The cramping began to wrap around my back and down my thighs.  I texted my mom who suggested I call my doctor.  Since what I was describing sounded a lot like contractions, my doctor sent me to labor and delivery to be monitored.  We were there for about 2 hours and I was monitored.  The babies heart rate was great and we could hear a swishing sound anytime she moved around.  She was kicking away as well which made me feel a lot better.  I was NOT contracting, thank goodness, nor was I dehydrated.  I was sent home with instructions to rest and drink more water!    Since I am halfway through the following week I will say I notice a big different in how I feel when I actually rest.  I still feel cramping occasionally  but it has not been as consistent or painful as that day.
Well, that is it for now! Short (ish) update and my 24 week one will be up soon!    Ta Ta for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment