Sunday, November 30, 2014

Bumpdate: Weeks 20 & 21



Weeks 20 and 21 were very similar so I am combining them this week! Baby is continuing to pack on fat and I am sure getting cuter by the day!
  • Mom: Not feeling so cute these days but willing to deal with whatever as long as our baby girl is healthy!  I get short of breath while laying down/lounging on the couch which can be annoying.  My bladder is feeling smaller by the day!  I wake up many times a night and rarely feel rested. But enough complaining.. let's talk about the good stuff...
  • Baby flips, turns, wiggles, and movement:  I am finally feeling baby girl move! I felt her move for the first time the 21st.  It felt like bubbles popping right around where her feet are.  Since then I have felt her every other day or so.  I only feel her when I am laying down and paying close attention.  It feels like baby girl is swimming around.  It almost tickles.  It makes me smile every.single.time!!
  • Dreams:  Pregnancy dreams are crazy.  I am having the oddest and most vivid dreams but since most are just strange and not scary, I am enjoying them! 
  • Crying over spilled milk: Literally.  Spilling my bowl of cereal all over myself and the blanket I was using sent me into such a sadness I even surprised myself! 
  • Missing: Wine and Strawberry daiquiris. I am not a huge drinker and never have been but as everyone drank their glass of my favorite wine on Thanksgiving.. I was jealous.  Although, I substituted with Sparkling grape juice which tasted delicious! Someone posted a photo on Instagram of the most delicious looking strawberry daiquiri I have ever seen and I wanted it bad!]
  • Craving: Orange Juice!
  • Mood: Still generally very happy!  I have had a few hormonal episodes but Sean handles them like a champ and they taper of very quickly! All in all, this baby just brings me so much joy!
  • Day Dreaming: I have been a sappy mess thinking about our lives with this little girl next year.  We just celebrated Thanksgiving and are all decorated and ready for Christmas and all I can think about is enjoying this all next year with our sweet girl.  
  • Getting things done:  We cleared out the nursery except for the bed and dresser that need to be moved to my parents basement.  I am hoping to get that done soon so we can pick out paint colors and start getting the room ready for our baby girl!
  • Looking forward to:  More baby movement! I love feeling her and cannot wait to feel her more regularly and  from the outside.  I, as well as Sean, are very eager for him to feel her move as well! 

I can't believe I am already OVER halfway done with this pregnancy.  This has been such an amazing experience and all the headaches (literally), and nausea, and complaints are just so worth it.  I still have a long way to go but all I can think about is how this is the last week of my 5th month.  In a little over a month I will be in my 3rd trimester.  This baby will be here before we know it! We cannot wait to meet her!!



No comments:

Post a Comment