Sunday, November 2, 2014

Baby McNamara: 17 Weeks

I can't believe I am already 17 weeks pregnant!  There has not been too much change since last week!  I am still dealing with awful headaches, evening/nighttime nausea, and do not have  much of an appetite.  I do not necessarily feel hungry but I will start feeling (more) nausea every couple hours which I am taking as a body cue that I need to eat something. Baby is growing and so is the belly!  




How's Mom Feeling?: As I wrote earlier, I still am not feeling too great.  I do have more energy overall but also get tired very easily.  Headaches are the norm but that doesn't make them any easier to deal with.

Bump: The bump is there! I laugh at myself when I look at pictures of myself even just 6 weeks ago that I took of my "bump" and there is basically nothing there! I am sure I will laugh at myself again a few months from now looking at this "bump"!

Maternity Clothes: Some jeans fit, not all though.  I am not wearing any maternity shirts as they tend to hang off me and make me look way bigger then I am!  I am in the market for a pair of maternity skinny jeans and leggings!  I am also trying to figure out what to do about a coat this Winter.  My Columbia still fits but it definitely getting snug!  I am pretty sure I can make it through jacket season with it but I am not too sure my winter coat will last until April!  Any moms who were pregnant during the Winter season, what did you do about a coat?

Nursery:  Sean and I are not necessarily doing a "theme."  We have decided on colors we like and are planning on getting started on that shortly after finding out the babies' gender! We are going with a neutral color wall with pops of color in the decor!    Sean has some interesting ideas of a Dragon Ball Z, Mario Kart, mural type thing which I promised to incorporate in some way, most likely a framed photo.  He is very excited about it. =) 

Gender:  I will get my script for the anatomy scan on the 11th and we will schedule the scan shortly after.  Sean still thinks it is going to be a boy and my gut lately has been telling me it is a girl.  We are a house divided and plan to create some sort of bet on who's guess is correct.  With the mention of the anatomy scan, I also want to ask for prayers.  We are so excited to find out the gender but that scan will also tell us a lot more information and I ask for prayers for a healthy baby!  

*Sometime soon I will be posting an Old Wives Tales Post soon! 

Best Moment This Week:  Nursery talk with Sean and dressing up baby for Halloween!

Fears: With the anatomy scan coming up, I have started to feel afraid that they will find something wrong but am choosing to give that to God and trust him to help us handle whatever happens.  Lately, I have also been struggling with my changing body.  Pregnancy is a beautiful thing and I have an amazing husband who is so supportive and encouraging but my insecurity still gets the best of me sometimes as I see changes that are out of my control.  I know this is what is going to happen but it can be difficult.  This may seem shallow but I wanted to be open and honest and possibly hear from others who may have struggled with the same thing.  I am so happy this baby is growing and will deal with whatever it brings me as long as the baby is healthy!  I know my hormones are just getting the best of me but I wanted to be honest about how I have been feeling lately!   

Emotions: I have been pretty okay lately! I am generally pretty happy!  I even asked Sean if I had been moody or extra hormonal (in case I was going crazy and just imagining how "happy" I had been acting), and he agreed that aside from a few minor episodes, I have been in a pretty great mood so far!

Looking Forward To: Still waiting to feel the sweet baby move and find out if the baby is a boy or girl!

Some comparison pictures for fun!

4 Weeks, 6 Weeks, 11 Weeks, 17 Weeks






No comments:

Post a Comment