Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Bumpdate: 18 Weeks

Well hello there! I am a tad late getting this bumpdate written! My weeks switch over on Saturdays and here we are, already Wednesday and now 18 1/2 weeks!


  • This is the first week where I have not felt too much nausea.  I still feel sick later at night, usually around 8-9pm but it is nothing extreme and usually I just head to bed and wake up feeling much better.  
  • My headaches have lessened a lot this week- thank goodness!! I only experience bad headaches about 2-3 times as opposed to multiple times/all day everyday.  I am extremely grateful for the reprieve from the headaches and hope they stay away!
  • I am still not feeling the baby move! My doctor is not concerned and I guess it is completely normal, especially for first time moms.  This momma is extremely anxious to start feeling the little pops or flutters, or however it will feel! This pregnancy still feels so surreal and my nerves get the best of me sometimes and I know feeling this baby move will help it all feel real! 
  • My appetite is slowly increasing- dinner is still the most difficult time for me.  Once dinnertime comes I still tend to start feeling sick again and have no desire for much of anything.  We are going to my SIL's tonight and she is making tacos and as of right now- that sounds amazing! So hopefully that feeling sticks around a couple more hours!
  • My hormonal craziness about my changing body has subsided for now.  I am starting to feel way more comfortable in my skin and accepting things as they come to me!
  • Since I am late posting this you get a special treat! I had a doctors appointment yesterday (heartbeat was 140! Lower then it has been, closer to the "boy" heartbeat range!) and was able to schedule the anatomy scan! Saturday the 22nd we will be seeing our sweet baby and hopefully (as long as baby cooperates) find out if the baby is a little miss or mister!     If you haven't done so, please humor me and look to the right and cast your vote on whether Baby McNamara is a boy or girl! If you are on your phone, scroll allll the way down and click "view web version" and you will see it! 
  • I feel like I have really popped in the last 2 weeks! People are no longer saying, " you don't even look pregnant!"  Here is a comparison- the first pic was taken at 14 weeks and the 2nd today at 18.5 weeks! 


  • Well, I will be back soon as I will be 19 weeks on Saturday! I can tell you now that this week has been rather uneventful but I will take it! I hope this week will be the week I feel this sweet baby move and please continue prayers for a healthy baby at our anatomy scan in 9 days!
See ya later alligators!

No comments:

Post a Comment