Monday, June 17, 2013

Becoming a Warrior!

Sunday was Father's Day and my family participated in the Warrior Dash.  If you haven't heard of the Warrior Dash, check it out here.  It is a 5k mud run obstacle course.  Now, I am not what most would call athletic.  I lack good hand-eye coordination, fast reflexes, am extremely clumsy, and usually end up injured.  I was determined to do this though.  My dad, brothers, husband, and our friend signed up back in December and I was very excited! I wanted to challenge myself but was also afraid of getting left behind by the group of all boys I was with.

Well, the Dash arrived and I was a bundle of nerves!  But it ended up being amazing! I already want to do it again!  I completed every obstacle and while I ended up walking most of the way, that was okay because most people walked too =)  I was not left behind, either Sean or my dad stayed back with me the whole time.  I had a blast! I was muddy, tired, had mud in my mouth, and was pumped!! I was so excited that I completed every obstacle and loved the experience with my friends and family!

I highly recommend this to anyone who wants an adventure!!  I am definitely signing up next year!

Before and after =)

The hubs and me

I survived!



warriors!

You could donate your muddy shoes! They fix them up and give them to people in need!

Finished Father's Day at BD's Mongolian Grill! Yum!!! Happy Father's Day dad! =)

What is something you have done that you never thought you would be able to?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! Such a cute blog :)

    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete