Sunday, June 23, 2013

Wedding Memories Part 1


I am getting ready to start scrap booking our wedding and was feeling rather nostalgic even though it was only 3 months ago =)  My wedding was everything I dreamed of and more and it still feels so surreal that I am married to my absolute best friend in the entire world.  Since I was 16, I have looked forward to this life I have.  I have looked forward to being married to Sean, living on our own, and starting our lives together and it feels like a dream now that I am actually living it out!  I love every part of it!

I have so many wonderful memories, pictures, and thoughts about our entire wedding experience and instead of writing 1 HUGE blog post about our wedding,  I decided to break it apart and share it gradually; I may even be able to rope in the hubs for a special guest post from the groom's point of view!  But for now,  I am going to start with a recap on our rehearsal.

Our rehearsal was great! We went to the hall early to set everything up and it was such an amazing feeling to walk in and realize that time the very next day, I'd be getting married! Throughout our entire engagement, it never truly felt like I was actually getting marred.  It didn't really sink in until a week or so after our wedding. Everything was amazing, and exciting, and fun but it didn't feel like it was actually for me!  This feeling was still there but it lessened a bit when I saw everything I planned coming together.

I loved having all of our family and friends their, helping us prepare for one of the most amazing days of our life!


My emotions were all over the place.  I was nervous, excited, terrified, exhilarated, etc! I knew what we were doing, I knew why we were there, but it was not sinking in.  I couldn't possibly be getting married.  It felt like I was dreaming.  But an amazingly wonderful dream!

Afterwards, we went to a restaurant where Sean's parents had planned a wonderful rehearsal dinner!  It was perfect!  We had a private balcony with delicious food where we were able to spend time with our closest friends and family before we were married.  

It is an amazing feeling to look around a room and see everyone you love the most there celebrating with you and for you.  It is an even better feeling to look next to you and see the love of your life and know that the next day you get to start forever.

Me and my bridesmaids and flower girl


 Mac Girls and Future Mac Girls



family =)

Us with our ring bearer

Matron of Honor and Best Man

Part 2: Coming soon! 

P.S.
 Sean and I checked another item off our bucket list- Make a HUGE fleece blanket! 

we love it! we can lay on opposite ends of the couch and still be completely covered!  

Come see me on Tuesday when I will be linking up with Life. Love. & Lauren and The Austin Family Diary for Tuesday Topics! 









No comments:

Post a Comment