Monday, June 17, 2013

Meet Me In St. Louis

I have had a really incredible past few days! Sean and I are both teachers and have the summers off.  We are fortunate enough right now to not need to work this summer and are truly loving the time off/together. Sean and I have never really done many "exciting things."  We have always been in school, either high school or college, and have never really had the money or time to do much.  Now that we are married and both have careers we are really trying to make up for lost time and do new things as a couple before babies come into the mix!

Sean and I created a "Summer Bucket List." This past week we checked 2 things off of our list!

Bucket List Item #1: St. Louis

We live relatively close to St. Louis, about 4 hours, and went to school about 1.5 hours away.  We have wanted to visit but never had the resources to do so.  Last Monday, we  decided to plan the trip for that Thursday-Friday.  I booked the hotel, which ended up being difficult since most were full, and started researching.  We knew in advance what we wanted to do since we were only there for 2 days and 1 night.  We arrived Thursday around noon and since check in wasn't until 3:00 we decided to head to the St. Louis Zoo.  It was about 2 miles away so we decided to stretch our legs and walk it.  Sounded like a great idea.. until halfway there when I could barely walk because I had blisters on the bottom of me feet... note to self: when walking for a long period of time, wear good shoes!  Let's just say lesson learned.  Now you may not know but I love animals! Love them!  The zoo is somewhere I love to go!  So as I slowly made my way around I fell in love with St. Louis Zoo. The animals were so close and personal and the zoo was the perfect size to walk around and see everything!  I have to say my favorite part was seeing the baby elephants.  Elephants are by far my favorite animal.. baby elephant= heaven!







That night, we decided to go to this great restaurant/bar called 360 which was located on the top floor of the Hilton and overlooked the city.  Great food, great view, but very disappointing sangria..
Looks yummy.. it wasn't!

The view from the restaurant

Friday we checked out of our hotel and went on a tour of the Anheuser Busch Brewery!  It was a blast and really interesting and the free samples were great too ;)

We finished our trip with the City Museum.  If you have not heard of it, look it up! It is amazing! It is basically a bunch of climbing but it was a great adventure!!  
climbing, climbing, climbing

few from above

more climbing!

outdoor area

It was a short trip but so fun! This was only our 2nd get-a-way as a couple, the first being our long weekend in Galena for our honeymoon!  We loved it and had a blast!

Bucket List Item #2 in next post =)

Where have you gone for some of your favorite get-a-ways?


1 comment:

  1. ughh I know what you mean about the shoes! And what cute animals! Jacksonville zoo in Florida is pretty nice, too- I love zoos!

    www.theladyandhertramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete