Friday, April 4, 2014

Five on Friday



Hello Friends! This is my first blog post this week.  It has been a pretty busy week! I feel like I have been going nonstop both physically and emotionally and at the same time it has been very BLAH.   I am REALLY looking forward to this weekend!


O N E
 Yesterday we went to dinner with one of my best friends and his fiancรฉ.  It was so fun catching up with them.  It has been WAY too long since we have seen them!  We were so excited and honored to be asked to be a part of their wedding party! Daniel has been one of our best friends for years and I adore his fiancรฉ Julia.  I cannot wait for their wedding next Summer.  It is even more exciting now that we get to be such a big part of their special day!

Adorable way to ask us! =)
T W O
I don't know who reads my blog but for those few readers, what would you like me to blog about? I have a lot of ideas and a few drafts all ready to be posted but what would you like to hear about? I would love your input!

T H R E E
I was heading home from work and drove up to grab our mail and imagine my surprise when the mailboxes were gone.  Nor even just gone, destroyed! Literally.. in pieces.  It seems like our weather is so extreme and the wind just blew it to pieces... sigh...

F O U R
Sean and I finally applied for our passports a few weeks ago.  It was the last major thing we had to do to prepare for our Mexico trip. I will feel much better when we actually have them in our hands!

F I V E 
Welp, I am going to talk about the budget again.  This time, I'd like some of your advice! My last post discussed our simplified meals which we make to save time and money.  I still am finding that our grocery bills are way too high.  I am not into extreme couponing.. I utilize cartwheel, I shop at Aldi and Walmart, and we buy in bulk.  It is frustrating when I feel like we are set on food, our budget is going well, and then I look in the fridge and it is all gone! We aren't huge eaters either- both of us watch what we eat so we minimize snacking as much as we can.  What do you do to save money on groceries? 


2 comments:

  1. You're doing everything right....Aldi is the ONLY place to go for cheap food lol and coupons do help, its worth it to take the time to look for some that you know you'll use. Utilizing the crock pot is a HUGE way to save time and money. Plus, some recipes you can turn things into other things, like if you make shredded chicken. You can have tacos one night and pulled bbq sandwiches the next! ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the empty frig...now you know what I've been whining about all these years!๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ—๐Ÿœ๐Ÿž๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿญ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŒ

    ReplyDelete