Sunday, January 4, 2015

Bumpdate: 26 Weeks



My Thoughts and Feelings:
26 Weeks? I know I say this a lot, but I cannot believe I am already this far along! According to most books and my doctor, this is the LAST week of my 2nd trimester.  I am speeding along into my 3rd and I cannot believe it.  I am also extremely afraid of this.  I have heard the horrors of the 3rd trimester... and I am scared.  Once my morning sickness finally (for the most part) subsided and my energy returned, pregnancy really wasn't so bad! I have been living in a blissful state of  sighs of happiness and baby movements. Things have already started going a bit down hill and I am scared!  I also truly believe, that it will all be worth it! It is 2015 and THIS YEAR I will have my baby girl.  in 3 short months, I will be a mother.  I cannot wait!

Symptoms:
-I woke up Monday morning stuffy beyond belief and coughing like crazy.  It has gotten a tad better but is not gone.  I don't know if I have a never ending cold or if this is the pregnancy congestion I have heard about... really hoping it is a cold because I don't want to take medicine and the neti pot isn't cutting it! 
-Exhaustion is setting in again.  Waking up 4-5 times during the night is the norm now.  During the day I feel as though I took a sleeping pill and my body is aching to sleep.  Christmas break has also thrown off my sleep schedule so that is not helping.  
-Lower back aches have begun.
-The bump seems to be growing by the minute! I read that from this point on it will grow 1/2 inch a week! What!?

Nesting?:
-Yes! My desire to get the nursery painted and decorated is so strong! I want to organize all of our closets and drawers and clean every nook and cranny but don't seem to have the energy to do it! 

Food Cravings/Aversions
-Craving Strawberry Shakes (good thing McDonalds is close by) and Panera broccoli cheddar soup in a bread bowl... yum!

Clothing:
 I am at the point where I really don't want to spend any more money on maternity clothes so I will be wearing the same few outfits often! Cardigans and leggings are my favorite by far! I am also going to start looking into an outfit for out maternity shoot (whenever I schedule it) and baby shower! I might splurge and make a trip to a maternity store for that one!

Mood?
Still a bit more emotional.  My exhaustion definitely contributes to some bouts of crabbiness as well... but I would say still generally happy.

Best Moment This Week:
L.A.Z.Y! I did not feel great this week so I was very grateful to have the week off to recoup, rest, and relax! 

Movement:
Baby girl's movements are getting stronger and more frequent and I love it! I know a time will come when they will become uncomfortable but right now, I can't think of anything better.  I spent many mornings during these 2 weeks off, lying in bed, just feeling baby girl wiggle around! Sean feels her consistently now, if she is awake and moving, he can feel her! I love it! It truly makes this whole thing seem more real.  I feel so much more connected to her now that I feel her precious movements so often! 

Looking Forward To?:
This whole month! Sean and I both have birthdays this month AND we are scheduling a 3d/4d ultrasound in a few weeks! I can't wait to see her again! 

Check back at my other bumpdates!  




No comments:

Post a Comment