Saturday, January 10, 2015

Bumpdate: 27 Weeks



How's mom feeling?
Not too great, not too bad. Acid reflux is awful.  It does not seem to matter what I eat or do, I will wake up with it and go to sleep with it.  Staying standing or sitting up after meals does seem to relieve it a bit though! Maybe this baby will have a full head of hair (for some reason I really think she will be a baldie!)! 
Nighttime nausea has made a reappearance but I am relating this with the acid reflux and indigestion.  

Breathe:
Breathing is most difficult while I am laying down, usually on my side. The baby must be laying in a way that is is squishing my lungs even more then they already are.  Usually readjusting my position helps! 

Get up, get up, Get up!
Getting up is getting more difficult without help.  I have been having really sore legs and I realized it is because I am using more leg muscles to get up since my abdominal muscles are not doing the job anymore! 

Ow!
I have been experiencing awful pain in my wrist and hands, and arms.  I don't know if it is carpal tunnel or just tendinitis but it is very uncomfortable and there is little I can do to find relief from it! 

Sleep?
I feel like the 1st trimester exhausted has returned. 7:00 rolls around and I count down the minutes until it is an acceptable time to go to bed.  With that, pregnancy insomnia is great! I usually fall asleep quickly, wake up 3-4 times a night (this is every night now), but a few times this week I have woken up around 4-6 am and laid there for over an hour.  The broken sleep makes for a very exhausted girl the next day!

Stretch Marks:
The two tiniest little marks made their appearance a couple weeks ago. I don't even mind- it is what it is!

Snap, crackle, and kick!
Baby girl's kicks have been a lot lower this week! I am pretty sure she is head down with her feet up by my right side.  

You passed!
I had my glucose test this week.  I chose the fruit punch flavor and it really wasn't too bad! My doctor checked me out during the 1 hour wait.  Baby's heartbeat was 140 and I am measuring right on track!   I was told I would NOT get a call if the test was okay so when I got a call the next day I was terrified! Luckily, I passed the glucose test with flying colors! My iron was low so I have to begin taking iron supplements twice a day.  

Cravings:
Still strawberry shakes (McDonalds) and Broccolo Cheddar bread bowls from Panera.  In fact, I would like 2 of each right now please!

Best moment this week?
Snow days! I went back to work Monday and Tuesday and because of temperature of 30 below zero we had the next 3 days off! 5 day weekend for me! Sean had the same so we enjoyed some lazy days and getting caught up on some house work! I also cracked open my wedding scrapbook again! I am hoping to get it done before the baby is born! 

Looking forward to?
Sean's birthday is next Saturday and we will be having dinner with my family (it is my brother's birthday too) and then heading out with some friends to celebrate! I don't know how I feel about being the pregnant girl in a bar but I will deal for my love! =)  
Also, we are getting a 3d, 4d ultrasound the same day! I am so excited to see my baby girl again and see her in such great detail! I can't wait!!!

I can't believe we are already at week 27! This baby girl will be here before we know it and we cannot wait to meet her!


No comments:

Post a Comment