Friday, July 5, 2013

Wedding Memories Part 2: First Look

Time for part 2 of my wedding memories!  I wanted to use this post to explain why we decided to do a first look.  This is a new and popular trend that couples are participating in and I think the people who are against it and support it are pretty much split down the middle!

Sean and I were leaning towards "first looks" from the beginning for practical reasons.  We were having an evening wedding- ceremony starting at 6- and it made sense! We wanted time to take pictures in day light and without it running into our reception time.  In the end, this ended up being so unbelievably helpful!  We got all of the bridal pary pictures done, as well as most of the pictures of us as a couple finished. We barely had to take any pictures after our ceremony and were able to enjoy being married and time with our guests!  For this reason alone, I strongly suggest first looks! It made things so much less stressful!



A lot of people who are against first looks say that they want their walk down the aisle to be special.  Well, the walk down the aisle will still be incredibly special! Not to mention, it allows your soon to be hubs to enjoy the moment without the pressure of everyone he knows watching him! Also, if you are anything like me, you will enjoy the lack of an audience as well! Even though I had seen Sean and spent 2 hours with him taking pictures, when I walked down the aisle towards him, it was incredibly special and emotional.  It felt like I was seeing him for the first time all over again!  Nothing can take away how incredible that moment is- not even pictures before. =)


Seeing Sean before felt right.  It felt like us.  We rarely successfully surprise one another, we are basically in constant contact, and  we share everything.  First looks fit us.  They were perfect for us.  It was a moment I will remember for the rest of my life.  It was amazing, incredible, and beyond special.




Don't let tradition or other peoples' expectations scare you away.  If first looks are not for you, of course that's okay! But, look into it, learn about it, and give it a chance! A moment is special if you make it special.  And every moment from my wedding.. was immensely perfect. 





Don't forget to follow my blog by doing 1 or all of these things:


1: Wait until I post an update on facebook

the next 2 are located on the left side bar of my page

2.) follow me by email- type in your email address and get an email update when I post
3.) Follow me on bloglovin- this is a great way to show me you are a fan of my page.  This is really great if you read multiple blogs, it is almost like a facebook newsfeed for blog posts!

1 comment: