Saturday, March 8, 2014

Catch it.


It's in the little moments, the ruined plans, the chaos that I catch it.  It's when you take a train downtown and play Farkle the whole way.  It's when you plan to go ice skating, almost chicken out, decide to still go but realize the line to rent skates is way too long.  It's being with your husband when he sees "The Bean" for the first time but having no photographic proof because it was too dark.  It's almost sneaking on stage at the pavilion but not being brave enough.  It's sitting down at an uber fancy restaurant wearing jeans and EIU t-shirts only then to sneak out because all they have is $24 duck.  It's finding a random pub and  talking and laughing while enjoying craft beer and delicious wine.  It's being offered beer that was hidden in an Iron Man backpack on the train home by a middle aged woman who thought we were on spring break.  It's coming home together.  It's those small moments that I catch it; the complete certainty that I am with an amazing person who I will be happy with for the rest of my life. I know that the man I married is truly my best friend. 

                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment