Friday, March 7, 2014

Five on Friday Round 2




Hello friends and welcome to my day of random thoughts!


O N E

Buying a house terrifies me.  This is truly a random thought considering house hunting is not even on our radar right now.  We live in a great size apartment which we both love but a lot of young couples I know are in the process of looking to buy a house or have already bought.  I truly don't understand how it is possible!  Sean and I are both teachers so our income is not GREAT but we have enough to live comfortably.  Our rent is a reasonable price and I just can't imagine having a mortgage to worry about and all the other expenses that come with owning your own home.  Of course, I dream about our own home and what it would be like, but I am perfectly fine not owning right now.  I think we need time to figure out where we want to be and what we want/need in a home.  That being said, I am happy for my friends who are confident in their choice to buy a home! I see nothing wrong with buying a home early and while you are still young; it is just not for us right now!

T W O

I am a robe wearing napper.  I used to NEVER nap.  I  also used to be the person who wore jeans and a nice(r) shirt to class every day in college.  I am NOT that person anymore! I relish in naps on the couch.  I sometimes need that 20 minutes just to get me through the rest of the day.  Friday naps are most definitely my favorite.  I don't have to worry about not being able to fall asleep later since I don't have to wake up early Saturday!  There is also something that is so nice and relaxing about a Friday afternoon.  As for the girl who used to "get dressed" every day... yeah.. not happening.  I live in my PINK sweats and yoga pants.  Over-sized t-shirts and hoodies are my best friends!  When I get home from work, the slacks come off and the sweats come on! I look forward to changing into my "comfy" clothes!  On the other hand, dressing up to go out is also more exciting because I don't do it as often!  Now, I am NOT a lazy bum and I still take care of myself.  My hair is done every day, face washed, and mascara on.  My jeans just stay nicely folded in my dresser.

T H R E E

I love dinner with my husband.  We will occasionally eat our dinner on the couch while watching whatever show we happen to be into at the moment (just finished True Blood!) but we try and make an effort to enjoy electronic free meals together at our dinner table quite a bit as well.  I love those times.  It is amazing how easy it is to talk and focus on one another when electronics aren't around.

F O U R

We planned a mini vaca for our 1 year anniversary!  I found a groupon for a great rate at a resort on a lake in IN.  I also booked a package that included a 1 hour long couples massage.  We will be staying 1 night.  It will be very similar to our honeymoon (small town, short trip, 2 hours away, wine, massages, dinner, shopping) which is perfect! We wanted to do something besides buy each other gifts.  By our anniversary we are kind of "gifted" out.  We both celebrated our birthdays in January with Christmas not long before that.  We wanted to do something besides give gifts and we thought this getaway would be perfect! I can't wait!

F I V E

Anyone still watching Grey's Anatomy out there? I know a lot of people have given up on the show but I just can't! I know its unrealistic and corny but I can't help but love it! Pre-winter hiatus Grey's was kind of bumming me out.  I wasn't as into it but still was not giving up! Last weeks mid-season premier had me way more into it! I am hoping it keeps up! I am just not a fan of these new interns... anyone else agree???  Well, there was a new episode last night so I am off to watch that!

Hope everyone had a great week and  here's to what is sure to be a wonderful weekend!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment