Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bumpdate: 32 Weeks


Baby:
Baby girl is moving and grooving! She sticks her little limbs out and sometimes it is painful but mostly, I love it! I can't help but imagine touching and kissing her sweet little feet and hands when she is finally here! 

Blaghhh
I am okay.  I see and read what other women experience and I know I am pretty lucky.  That being said... I still have awful acid reflux.  It is getting to the point where I max out on tums and zantac and just want to cry.  There have been a few times that it has gotten so bad that I have to go into the bathroom because I am so sure I am going to puke.  

Sleep
Sleep is frustrating.  I had 1 night this week where I had a 4 hour stretch of not waking up and it felt so nice! Other then that 1 time, I am up every single hour- 1.5 hours.  It is frustrating and I often wake up for the day exhausted and crabby.  I know it is probably my body preparing me for life with a newborn but I wish it hadn't started preparing me so early.. especially since this has been going on for months.  

Aches and Pains
My back is very sore by the end of the night and I fall asleep with a heating back which seems to help.  I have a prenatal massage gift certificate that Sean got me for Christmas and plan on making that appointment very soon!  This is not necessarily an ache or pain but I have started experiencing hot flashes- usually in the middle of teaching.  I sweat and shake and no amount of open windows in the middle of winter help.  I also had my 5th cold in the last couple of months, mild, but still there.  

Nesting
I was talking with my sister about how anxious I am to get things ready; nursery, maternity leave, hospital bags... and she informed me that I am nesting.  It hadn't even occurred to me that this feeling of anxiety and need to  get everything done was nesting! So hey, I'm nesting! I just wish I had the energy and lack of soreness to let me accomplish all the cleaning and organizing I want to do in the house!

Nursery
We have a color picked and bought! There is no turning back now! The process of picking a color was frustrating but after running through all my choices, we chose the first color we originally sampled! We have the room primed and are hoping to get it painted with my dad's help this coming weekend.  As soon as the walls are dried, the crib is being set up and then it will just be a slow process of decorating and waiting for my shower!
so many options! 2 more were added after this picture was taken...

Snoring
I have snored periodically ever since I became pregnant but nothing like when I have a cold.  Since I have a had some version of a cold for the majority of the last 2 months, I have been snoring a lot.  Sean is such a trooper, but we are both hoping that goes away once the baby is born!

Nails
I hear nails are supposed to be long and strong because of prenatals, but this past week my nails have all been cracking and breaking and seem so brittle! I am not a fan!

Thoughts and Feelings
If I am being honest, this whole pregnancy, the idea of having my own child has seemed very distant.  I have been so excited and day dreaming but it has been so hard to picture how I will feel when I hold MY baby and when she is actually here.  Lately though, I have been getting glimpses and moments where I can picture her and imagine what it will be like and it feels so real.  It is so surreal that she will be my baby and not someone else's baby but occasionally, I feel it.  I picture her soft baby skin and I imagine her in our home and I am so excited.  I have wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember and now I will have this precious little girl.  I already love her so much and I can't imagine how much I will love her when she is actually in my arms.  


Also, oh my bump.  I look back at pictures of what I thought was my bump and wow.. nothing there.  Plus... fat face much... oye... 14 weeks compared to 32 weeks... the weight gain is real people.  




No comments:

Post a Comment